These symptoms your doctor examine in detail, on what basis was the emergence of a picture of the disease, the diagnosis. Abdominal pain often occur with chronic gastritis, gastric ulcer, gastric cancer.
To confirm the diagnosis the doctor's first order is fibrogastro duodenoscopy (FG ' - examination of the internal surface of the stomach using optical devices). During the procedure, the doctor sees on the monitor, the mucous membrane of the stomach, the errors. During the test determine the acidity of gastric juice to a piece of tissue from the biopsy, if necessary. Often, the diagnosis also applies to the x-rays.
Sometimes the pain left side ribs appear under the various diseases of the pancreas. Often they get back, but may appear before him. The investigation revealed the exact diagnosis.
Such pain can be associated with diseases and injuries of the spleen. The steps on the left side, below the ribs, closed capsules, which have many nerve endings. Some diseases spleen increases in volume and compresses the capsule, which is the pain. Very typical of the pain steps the infectious diseases such as mononucleosis. At the same time it increases the liver, so the pain disturb you in the right hypochondrium. The steps may increase in certain Hematological diseases, such as leukaemia.
Very dangerous injuries to the spleen, which can lead to rupture of this organ, as well as a strong internal bleeding. Sometimes a ruptured spleen, not the injury, sickness, happen that suddenly, the background of the physical exertion, or even the other.
Left back pain under the ribs may be a sign of disease of the pancreas or the left kidney. The pancreas is a gland located behind the stomach, a head (the center is located in the region of the duodenum), body and tail (located behind the left). The pain behind and on the left side below the ribs can be associated with inflammatory processes, or tumors of the pancreas. For example, in chronic pancreatitis, pain may be the center of the abdomen and give the left rear. Cancer tail of pancreas pain may be continuous, gradual.
The pain left, and back below the ribs can be a sign of disease of the left kidney. So, acute or chronic left pyelonephritis pain can be worn to a dull pain is constant. Kidney disease, pain, the passage of small stones. Such pain is called the attacks of renal colic, it seems, suddenly, very severe in nature.
Patients with heart disease
The different heart diseases can also be a pain on the left side below the rib cage. The ischemic heart disease angina pain is sharp and sudden in nature, last for a short time, and then removed nitroglycerin. If the pain is not removed, the patient may develop myocardial infarction.
The inflammatory and exchange-dystrophic processes in the area of the heart muscle (myocarditis, myocardiodystrophy) the heart of the pain is usually pain or press is often accompanied by arrhythmia.
Pain, osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine
Pain in left side ribs during can be a symptom of degenerative disc disease of the thoracic spine. They are also different in nature, therefore, osteochondrosis easily confused with other diseases can cause pain in the left subcostal region.
Pain in left side ribs during the many disease. So, when it appears, it is best to consult a doctor immediately.
What does pain in the left hypochondrium, radiating to the left rear
The left part of the abdomen, under the ribs, the stomach, pancreas, spleen. If the illness or injury, any of these organs can cause pain that radiates back.
- Pain in the left hypochondrium, often arise due to problems with the heart, kidney, intestine. Therefore, the correct diagnosis it is necessary to consider all symptoms, including the nature and localization of pain. Of course, the correct diagnosis specialist, and on the basis of survey analyses.
- Possible reasons for the appearance of pain radiating to the back, diseases of the spleen, heart. Severe paroxysmal pain often radiates to the back, it may be a symptom of inflammation of the spleen. But if the pain becomes very strong, sharp, more experiments with movement and is accompanied by blue skin of the abdomen, especially the navel area, then immediately call the Ambulance, because these signs indicate a possible ruptured spleen. Before the arrival of the doctor attached to the left side of the patient a little cold items, like ice, or a plastic bottle with cold water.
- "Er" also will be necessary if the pain experienced, not only in the back, but the shoulder, arm, neck. After all, this may indicate that the myocardial infarction. The same disease may indicate shortness of breath, a feeling, a strong fear, shortness of breath. In such cases, it is better to be afraid, because of the delay in medical care can be life-threatening.
- Pain radiating to the back may indicate diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Strong burning pain often radiates to the back area, often indicates a stomach ulcer. Another characteristic symptom of the disease is frequent vomiting. The stomach ulcer after vomiting, the pain is noticeably reduced.
- The pain in the left side of the abdomen is characteristic for gastric mucosa - inflammation of the mucous membrane of the stomach. But sometimes, the pain may spread to the back area. If a person gastritis with high acidity, the pain occurs if you're hungry, if they are low - after a meal. Special feature: stomach flu often causes nausea, which doesn't happen ulcer.
- In all cases, not tolerate, not to self-medicate but to consult the doctor and the test. After all, the correct diagnosis and select the most appropriate treatment doctor. If the pain is severe and unbearable, you can drink pain reliever and call the professionals. But under no circumstances it is impossible to heat the place, where you feel pain.