Treatment of the feet, valgus in children the age of 1 year, but a little bit older leads to a favourable prognosis — the likelihood that a full resolution of the problem approaches 100%.
Among the orthopedic diseases, the children, the change in the foot is the most common pathology. Represents the curvature of the lower limbs, on the inner side. Develops under the influence of various external and internal factors. The shape of the leg: the axis shifted, the corner looks to the external, the internal surface of the leg inward, deformed fingers. When tightly pressed together, knees distance between ankles 4-5 cm
When detected late, advanced cases of the disease in adolescence a problem in the spine. The later treatment is started, the less chance of full recovery.
FACTORS AFFECTING THE DEVELOPMENT OF HALLUX VALGUS, THE CHILD
Deformation of the feet in children is a congenital anomaly or acquired disease. In all cases, the correct location of the stop relative to each other. The changes lead to the fact that the main load when walking, the inner surface of the leg. The presence of symptoms in children 3 years of age according to the changes in stage of the pregnancy. The diagnosis by an orthopedic surgeon after a thorough examination.
The factors that the momentum of the development of the pathology are the following:
- the lack of food.
- a bad diet;
- lack of vitamins and minerals in the body (a deficiency of calcium and/or vitamin D), which is fragile, but in practice, the bone tissue;
- early standing the child in the leg;
- wearing matching shoes;
- often acute infection;
- the injured ankle;
- prolonged immobility of the lower limbs due to the plaster.
If the child early begins to walk (up to 1 year), or forcing parents in many cases, the foot is deformed. At a young age is the formation of ligaments, which are often not ready to load.
THE CAUSES OF FORMATION OF HALLUX VALGUS FEET
The congenital malformations of the musculoskeletal system in children — strain, which can develop during pregnancy, the mother, and after birth. The curvature in the case of congenital hallux valgus is very pronounced. This is due to the various errors of the individual elements of the musculoskeletal system, abnormal gene or chromosome. Breaking the bones of the foot, the form, in the womb. Deformation of the stop can be seen in the first months after the appearance of a baby into the world.
An example of the genetic disorder Edwards syndrome – abnormality in a specific chromosome, which can be found in hard to the curvature of the legs of the newborn don't swing.
Another reason for the congenital, valgus feet, the child used number of diseases that are not diagnosed in the first weeks of life:
- in 80% of cases of connective tissue dysplasia congenital hip injuries;
- polio, or infections of the Central nervous system;
- the neuropathy – pathology of peripheral nerves.
The acquired form is the result of exposure to one or more factors after birth. Initially, the main reason for the weak device to the foot, which is a violation to the appropriate position. This condition is not diagnosed in the first days after birth. The development of the pathology can affect:
- premature birth, or birth of the small body mass;
- overweight children;
- endocrine pathology (diabetes, thyroid);
- metabolic diseases (osteoporosis, disorders of lipid, carbohydrate metabolism).
VISIBLE SIGNS OF PATHOLOGY
Foot pain, at the end of the day – the most common complaint of the child, the deformity. Objective pathology is manifested in the following common features:
- unsteady gait when walking from side to side;
- education is the single blisters;
- constantly separated fingers;
- there are difficulties when you try to put the blocks together.
Define three types of disease:
- Limits extension of the forefoot, the expressed tension of muscles, tendons responsible for straightening the fingers. This causes the child pain.
- Longitudinal — shows change, the walking, the form, the feet (if you feel you have severe pain), fatigue, the length of stay on your feet because of the unpleasant feeling of pain.
Develop primarily two types of deformity:
- X-shaped (direct, tight knees the distance between the inner surfaces between the ankle greater than 5 cm, feet, as if looking outside);
- varus – O-shaped.
THE DEGREE OF DEVELOPMENT AND THE SEVERITY OF THE DISEASE ON THE BASIS OF
Four stages of the disease:
- — A mild form of the disease characterized by deformity of the foot is not more than 15°, in well-managed;
- Stage II — curvature up to 20°, the applied therapeutic treatment;
- III degree — deformation up to 30°, long-lasting, intensive therapy;
- Stage IV — severe – deviation from the norm is more like 30°.
PATHOLOGY THE BIG TOE
Deformity of the big toe, can to pathology. The curvature of the first toe depends on the extent of pathology. The correction of the bone to perform:
- physiotherapy treatment;
- installation of ortho -;
- the operating method.
LIKE, HOW TO TREAT?
Correction change the foot in children include restoring the normal position, the joints, muscles, ligaments of the leg. The goal of treatment is the possibility of walking without pain, discomfort. The therapy should be covered. The treatment of valgus, the foot, the child uses:
- an alternative method (osteopathy – allows you to cure almost everything, except the genetic engineering, pathology).
- the medicine;
- kinesio therapy;
Medical drugs is an X-shaped gap of the lower limbs are used to relieve inflammation and pain in the joints. The Nsaids (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) or corticosteroids is assigned to the symptomatic aim. These are short-term, dangerous for children side effects.
Modern treatment kinesio therapy is an innovative method of treatment and prevention of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. On this basis, the effects on the muscles by using a special tape – kinesio therapy. The method name is formed out of two words: "kinesio" movement "teip" – usually the tape. To apply a special tape of flexible material, adhesive, does not cause allergies. The method teip developed a few years ago, a Japanese doctor Kenzo KASE in the treatment of sports injuries. The future is widespread. Kinesio therapy in the hallux valgus of the children used in the recent years. This is due to the security method are: the use does not restrict the movement, discomfort, to allergies.
The material from which made teip:
- there is a structure of fibers;
- good breathability;
- does not absorb sweat;
- does not cause pain or discomfort;
- does not hinder the movement;
- not afraid of water – you can swim without removing the tape.
The correct gluing of the teip will speed up the healing of the joints, ligaments, or muscles without the use of drugs can stop the progression of the pathological changes. This safe method will help you:
- the cessation of pain;
- to prevent further progression of the disease;
- a full course of treatment.
Rules kinesio therapy:
- teip only clean dry skin;
- the prolonged use of kinesio type to the edges of that round;
- after gluing teip ground, activating it.
The flat arch of the feet changes in muscle tissues, which disturb the blood circulation in the future– to the development of irreversible processes. Therefore, the massage is an essential part of the treatment. This is one of the physiotherapy methods effect. Special skills for its implementation is not mandatory, so you can make at home. The course is 10 sessions, if necessary, it is recommended to be repeated every 3-4 months. The total time for a time of 20-30 minutes. Let's start with a general massage of the child on his back lying on stomach with stretched along the body hands and turned sideways on the head. Movement hand pressure to hurt.
- in the lumbar region;
- the muscles, joints, legs, feet.
Use the following methods:
- blow the back of his hand;
The use of massage:
- to eliminate the increased tone of the muscles of the foot and lower leg;
- helps you get rid of unnecessary stress;
- strengthen the weak muscles, which contributes to the proper work of the whole muscle;
- it improves the blood circulation, the muscles, tendons, bones – it strengthens the power, normalizes the growth and development of the lower limbs;
- to heal pathology in the early stages.
The baby is under 2 weeks ago, this method ceased to be of serious health problems, including hip dysplasia. In this case, the structural therapy is a specially developed technique on the spot and vibration massage. These help to redistribute the load on the joints. Feedback – improves blood circulation, as well as the disappearance of pain.
The use of physical therapy for hallux valgus in children allows to correct disturbances in the joints and cure the disease in its early stages. Widely use:
- foot bath;
- wrap not wax;
- electrophoresis of calcium;
- amplipulse therapy(effects on the body of the sinusoidal current generated by the apparatus Amplipulse);
- I'm wearing shoes;
- therapeutic swimming;
- the magnetic therapy.
PLEASANT, USEFUL GYM
In the early stages of the deformity the child is treated with special exercises. The regular use helps in the right almost all the diseases of the joints. The elements of the physiotherapy should be performed daily. The purpose of the physical therapy, separately, of course, depends on the deformation. Contains elements of the game that the child can carry items many times.
- walk the small trail (first increase, and then compressed toes) 5 minutes;
- to compress, and then decompress the toes sitting on the floor, the legs extended;
- to pick up small objects;
- barefoot on uneven surface (this can be done at home, on the pebbles ), the outer edge of the foot;
- roll the foot roller or a small ball of wood;
- rotate the foot from left to right, or vice versa;
- squat without lifting feet from the floor.
- walking a narrow path – you can make at home fabric or just draw;
- walk on the sidewalk, on the street, in the summer and barefoot in the ground, sand, grass.
THE CORRECT FOOTWEAR, THE TREATMENT IS VERY IMPORTANT
Two different shoes, in time it can deform the legs to bend the big toe. Quality shoes contributes to the normal development of the muscles of the legs. When this is selected, you need to consider:
- compliance with the foot size, comfortable;
- manufacturer of natural materials;
- no sharp nose, corner of the Shoes of a teenager.
The right shoes need to have a closed, rigid heel arch support. Not free durable wearing sandals without heel is fixed.
The treatment of the leg is recommended to use special orthopedic equipment
- the insole;
TO WALK OR NOT TO BAREFOOT?
The best prevention for the problems of foot — barefoot. This should be done not only on a horizontal surface (floor), but is also difficult terrain. If there is no possibility for the child to run along the ground, grass, and various bumps, the other alternative is that the Swedish wall, which the parents buy, and then install the nursery of the child. Working the muscles, the tendons of the foot while climbing. Recommended barefoot baby carpet convex elements, which can be purchased in the baby store, or orthopedic salon.
IF SURGICAL TREATMENT IS NECESSARY?
The treatment of club-foot, the children held by a conservative. Radical intervention is used when there is no effect on the treatment of older children, where on the basis of the musculoskeletal system is formed, there is no active growth of ribbons. Surgical correction consists of several levels, surgery, a long rehabilitation period under the fourth stage of the disease, if:
- strong pain in the feet constantly worried;
- develops rigidity (stiffness) of the joint.
Direct surgical intervention. Therefore, the operation is planned based on the extent of the disease, the feet, the presence, the scattering angle of the limb.
POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF HALLUX VALGUS IN CHILDREN
Sore feet lead to a change in the entire musculoskeletal apparatus. This is due to the unequal load. :
- shortening or deformity of the foot;
- scoliosis of the spine is different.
- deteriorating gait;
- it is impossible for physical activity (Jogging, active games) because of the pain and inflammation of the joints.