Back pain is the second most common after the headache.
The occurrence of back pain is associated most often with diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
Some problems with the internal organs can also give pain in the back.
The nature of the pain can be sharp, nagging, pain, strong, understated, shooting.
Experiencing pain in the back, the person may not always be able to move freely, to bend, to move.
This fact contributes to the moral and physical discomfort. Brings a lot of discomfort nagging pain in the back.
The causes and localization of pulling pain in the back
Nagging nagging low back pain is often localized in the lumbar or lower back. In some cases, pain may occur in the lateral region. Pain arising in the back can be primary or secondary.
The primary appears as a result of the destructive changes of the vertebrae, intervertebral discs, disorders in muscle and connective tissue. In the category of basic back pain include chronic impairments of posture, sedentary lifestyle, age-related changes, excessive exercise.
Causes of secondary pain may be trauma, tumor, inflammation or other pathological process that occurs due to kidney disease, urinary tract infections, sexual dysfunction, heart disease, respiratory, intercostal neuralgia. Secondary pain appear again, or it can occur systematically over a period of time.
Nagging pain in the low back, depending on localization have different symptoms:
- pulling sharp pain in the waist area, characterized by backache in the leg or arm, most often indicates a spinal injury. Usually, this pain gradually: first sensations of pain are mild in nature, then pain occurs more often, stronger, cover the whole lumbar region;
- the deformation of the individual vertebrae, which is characterized by pain, which are localized in the region destructive to the development of the spine. This raises a nagging pain in the back in this work, where the destructive development. The vertebrae can bulge and have an unnatural operation. The pain can also spread to the lumbar;
- grows the bursting pain, aggravated by movement from one side of the spine, then the other can be a sign of inflammation in the back muscles. Process (myositis) may be accompanied by swelling and redness in the inflammation;
- nagging pain, which occur in the sacral part of the spine, characterized by a limit, it affects the joints of the spine. The spine becomes shorter gradually, the pain and limitation of motor functions improved. These symptoms are characteristic of the disease spondylitis.
In addition to disabilities of the spine, bones, and muscle tissues of the back, pain can cause disruptions in the functioning of the internal organs:
- the heart and the circulatory system. Nagging pain, which occurs in the lower part of the back on the left side can often indicate a violation of the cardiovascular system. The most severe pain, which may signal ischemia, the possible development of a condition before a heart attack occurs in the chest, placed on the shoulder blades, back, left arm;
- of the respiratory system. Pneumonia due to absorption of the pain on the left side of the back. This happens due to damage to the lower part of the pleura.
Other diseases of internal organs can also cause a pulling pain: inflammation of the pelvic organs, diseases of the ureter, intestine diseases, diseases of the kidney, internal genital organs, cancer, tumor processes.
During pregnancy due to the load on the back and compression of the fruit to nearby organs and vessels, which often have a nagging pain in the lumbar region.
The consequences of pulling pain in the back
You need to understand when pain is a symptom, an abnormal development of organs, muscles or bone structures of the vertebrae. Especially it is full of pain due to cancer. The appearance of pulling pain, in particular emerging constantly, which is the reason for going to the doctor.
Of crucial importance would be to determine why the pain in the back. Eliminate the causes for pain in the back relieve nagging pain.
If you don't pull treat back pain, can stimulate the development of the disease, which leads to unpleasant sensations. In cases, destructive development of the spine can be the growth of bone tissue, disruption of the functioning of the internal organs.
Inflammatory processes may cause damage to adjacent systems in the body. Any pain should be treated. With the emergence of severe pain, long lasting and constantly reminds himself, should avoid physical strain on the back.
Remove the pulling pain in the back
Nagging pain, which occurs in the back, not transmit immediately after the first visit to the doctor. Often complex treatment is a long process, especially when it comes to disorders in the structure of the vertebrate, the cartilaginous tissues of the spine.
As a first aid for back pain be taken in a reclining position. If it is a sharp pain in the back, you can try to stop the pain, then consult a doctor.
Spinal injuries first aid scope of measures, which you can easily condition:
- you need to lie on a hard mattress;
- at the site of injury (in the absence of a breach of the skin), to make a pillow with ice not more than ten minutes. This will relieve the swelling and eliminating the muscle strain;
- you can use the ice massage should be repeated several times a day.
Important! Spinal injuries may cause the development of pathological processes in the vertebrae, so an injury should consult with a doctor. Self-manipulation, if you have had back pain is not always effective due to the incorrect determination of the causes of pain syndromes. When severe trauma, and in some cases you will need to limit the physical activity of the spine and cause health.
If pain occurs systematically, disappears and reappears, such a trend can be attributed to the chronic. Only medical intervention can help treat this type of pain.
Typically, when a particularly sharp pulling pain must take painkillers. To reduce inflammation and to address acute and unbearable pain with the use of special ointments, gels, which have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Tools that help to remove the pain for some time. As a rule, it is necessary to systematically use this medication to relieve the pain. During this period, should refrain from any physical activity.
However, it should be understood that the elimination of pain is not conducive to the elimination of the causes, pulling back pain, relief of pain drowns out the signal of the body about any violations in the body.
Causes pulling pain in the back, often remedied with the use of medications, therapeutic exercises, massage and other means that require no surgical intervention.
In cases when surgery is needed, are treated separately and classified as chronic pain pulled.
Indications for surgical intervention in a systematic, appearing or not passing a painful syndrome of the back are:
- constant sharp pain in the back, which is not done due to the conservative treatment;
- scoliosis of the spine (Junior progressive);
- a herniated disc in the complex form due to the compression of the vertebrae, radicular nerve endings;
- swelling or hernia of the spine;
- unstable development of the spine.
Most often, in diseases of the internal systems of the body, leading in pulling back pains, operation is not needed: treatment is with the use of the drug.
The use of folk remedies, it is suitable for the relief of the pain of pulling character, a result of inflammatory processes in the muscles and surface tissues of the back.
With the help of herbal ingredients and organic products that can be prepared the packages, which not only helps to relax the back muscles, but it can eliminate pain, reduce inflammation, reduce the swelling:
- compress with honey, blue clay and aloe will help relieve the pain when a herniated disk or degenerative disk diseases;
- for sciatica helps clay with vinegar;
- incense and Apple cider vinegar — the removal of sharp pains;
- the leaves and roots of horseradish helps to remove the sharp pain pulling;
- mustard, stacked on a previously greased the back of the honey will help relieve pain and inflammation.
Traditional medicines that help to stand up with an unbearable pain in the back and is also effective for complex treatment. Using the traditional treatment, be sure to coordinate with your doctor.
Physical therapy is the most effective method to eliminate the pain in the spine. Physiotherapy should be performed only as directed by your specialist, in some cases, do not perform any exercises that are not only intense, but also smooth quiet operation.
When you drag back pain exercises most often performed in the supine position.
- flexion and extension of feet;
- raise legs out to the sides;
- the breeding of the knees;
- exercises with the roller.
Important! If the exercises cause pain, do not continue with their implementation. It is not necessary to exercise in spurts, or with sudden movements, such an arrangement will not lead to the result, and can only intensify the pain.
Massage and self-massage
Massage may be granted, when the pulling pain in the back. The inclusion of massage in the treatment is available only after the diagnosis of the disease, as in some cases it is absolutely contraindicated:
- in cases of cancer;
- for high blood pressure;
- in acute inflammatory processes.
Massage should be performed by a qualified technician. You can also show methods of self-massage that can be carried out autonomously at home in case of pain.
So annoying, pain in the back does not come alone: they are a sign of pathological processes in the spine, muscle tissues, internal organs in the body. Nagging pain can be temporary, and can occur in chronic advanced form.
Temporarily remedy the absence of intolerable pain by the use of medications, folk remedies, but to completely eliminate pain syndrome (elimination of causes), you must contact your doctor. With the use of methods of diagnosis, the doctor will determine the origin of the pain.
Comprehensive treatment with medication, massage, physical therapy will help, cure the disease, which causes pain. In some cases, surgery. With the elimination of the cause, the patient will get rid of the symptoms.