People often complain about back pain under the shoulder blades, the reasons, because it can be very diverse. As a general rule, the perpetrators of these feelings have become the diseases of the digestive, circulatory, respiratory system as well as problems of the spinal column. In addition, such symptoms may be triggered by trauma, and the mobility of the nervous system.
Among the list of possible reasons for the special place is occupied by diseases of the spine. This is due to the fact that the spine is forced to the entire weight of the human body, thus ensuring that the vertical posture. Frequent pain below the shoulder blades can also be explained by the attributes of the region. The blade is an articulation of the humerus with the clavicle next to the muscles responsible for the mobility of the shoulder girdle. In addition, together with the frame, the rib cage protects the vital organs.
Pain under the shoulder blade can be very diverse in different patients. It can be divided into several groups:
- Localization of pain (the/a virgin blade in the middle, bottom, or top).
- The nature of pain (sharp, pulling, aching, burning, throbbing, diffuse, spasmodic, radiation).
- Duration (long or short attack sudden onset, moderate to woman in the intensity, frequency of appearance).
Sometimes, back pain (dorsalgia) occurs after a long stay in an uncomfortable posture or awkward movements. These feelings usually pass quickly without any consequences, so there is no reason for alarm. But if you dorsalgia began to worry about constantly, but there were symptoms, it's possible that this mask is a serious disease. To ignore such feelings it is impossible that the lost time has not led to serious consequences.
With dorsalgia the Chuck area of a patient alert to the following symptoms
- fever (38 degrees and above temperature);
- the appearance of the complex symptoms of "acute abdomen";
- swelling of the hands, fingers;
- disturbed sensation in the upper limbs, tingling, "pins";
- difficulty in breathing, cyanosis, the skin;
- dorsalgia persists for more;
- the decrease in blood pressure, bradycardia, fainting.
In this case, to postpone a visit to the doctor is impossible, because you need to stop not just the symptoms but the root causes of what led to the manifestations.
Among the complaints patients can often be found left sided pain under the shoulder blade. It can cause the following causes:
- Shoulder bariatric the left-side localization. This is the inflammatory response, which affects the tissue adjacent to humerus joint. The main symptoms of the pathology or pain of a different nature, which is in the neck, shoulder, shoulder. The pathology most often appears in the background of the injuries.
- Thoracalgia (a thin, inflamed neural processes costarum square). As a rule, the surrounding characters, but often gives you a lot in the subscapular region on the left side. In general, the symptoms increased when changing body position, or the increased physical activity.
- Recurrent pain in this area is characterized by the stomach ulcers. Intensity usually increases rapidly, while the patient the patient, opening the vomiting. The attack happens after a meal or on an empty stomach. The first impression is observed in the epigastric region, then the patient will complain of pain in the left articulation of the humerus, the clavicle, and the left side front under the ribs.
- The cartilage damage to the inter vertebral discs of the spine in the neck or thoracic spine. In addition to the pain syndrome is a prominent symptom of this disease is a pronounced, dizziness, weakness, numbness of the upper extremities.
- Left subscapular pain can be the so-called autonomic crises. The patients suffer from panic attacks, often complain about nagging, aching pain under the left shoulder blade, accompanied by anxiety, tachycardia, and sudden weakness.
- Choose angina, myocardial infarction. Pain mostly occur in the chest, but it is also reflected in the subscapular region on the left side. The patient has numbness in the limbs, nausea.
Not in all cases, when the patient complains of pain under the shoulder blade, I think the problem is the bone system. Often this symptom indicates neuralgia (affecting the peripheral nerves) or muscle pain (muscular hypertonicity in the cells, in a state of tension or peace).
On the right side
Pain in the shoulder blades can occur for the following reasons:
- The colic, the hepatobiliaris zone. Occur on the background of the outflow obstructed, the bile from the body or spasm of the smooth muscle. Sharp, cutting pain in the subscapular region on the right side, or the clavicle, closed around the area, depending on the reasons for its formation.
- Subdiaphragmatic abscess. This is usually a secondary disease, complicating the primary disease in the abdominal cavity. This pathology typical hiccups severe pain felt in the subscapular region of the woman, if inhaled.
- The acute form of the inflammatory process in the kidney. The pain is dull, aching on the affected side, lower back, or the bottom of the blade. The patients usually have the symptoms of extended fever, nausea, vomiting.
- Myofascial syndrome. This condition means that reflexive spasm that can occur in the different muscles. And painful sensations are felt like at that point, the cramp, the muscle fibers.
- Shingles. The pathogen of the disease, the herpes virus ⅲ type. Most common form, which begins with fever, accompanied by severe pain in the area in the future outbreaks. A dermatological component manifests itself only after 4-12 days.
- Right-side pneumonia. If the inflammatory process affects the right lung, the pain can spread to any part of the chest, as well as the irradiation to the back, under the neck of the scapula. The pain is usually constant, aching, sharp movements, deep breathing, coughing increases.
Colic urine-excretory, hepatobiliaris system have often been accompanied by, not only the spilled abdominal pain, indigestion, but a stabbing pain in the right articulation of the humerus, the clavicle, the proximal segment of the right hand, and the right part of the neck.
Radiation (radiating) pain under shoulder blades is caused by such causes, pathological States:
- duodenitis, peptic ulcer of the duodenum;
- the colic, the hepatobiliaris zone;
- necrosis of the myocardium on the background of thrombosis of the arteries of the heart the atherosclerotic plaque;
- cardiovascular disease, which is characterized by the presence of inflammatory processes in the external membrane of the heart;
- saccular protrusion of the aortic valve;
- spontaneous stagnation of the air, the thoracic region of the chest;
- inflammation of the pancreas, in the acute form;
- cramps in the kidneys;
- osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
Dorsalgia, the subscapular region is also very diverse. The dull pain usually appears when the abnormalities in the muscles, connective tissue parts, which connect them to the bones of the skeleton. Aching pain may indicate moderate to severe processes, the spine, the top and smooth muscles and the internal organs. These symptoms can not be ignored, deserves to be subjected to a comprehensive diagnosis, and choose appropriate therapeutic tactics.
During the pregnancy the expectant mother is experiencing a significant load on the spine, so you may be suffering from dorsalgia, including during the articulation of the humerus with the clavicle. But if the patient before insemination was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease, in the later stages, the situation is worse.
In addition, the appearance of the pain syndrome may cause the following factors:
- compression, or irritation of, the intercostal nerves, on the background of stress, increased physical exertion, or suffer from acute respiratory disease;
- lazy inflammation in the lung or the pleura tab;
- the increase in the level of chillin ' going on in the excessive relaxation of ligaments;
- muscle tone caused by changing center of gravity, while the growing fruit;
- aggravation of pathological processes in the kidneys.
In all cases, regardless of whether the patient is pregnant, or something else, if the pain in the subscapular region intense enough reason for you to seek help in medical institutions. Rarely, it can be a signal that the critical condition of the body that absolutely can't be ignored.